I love doing craft projects. I’ve actually been jotting down a few ideas for some home decor ideas (i’ll blog those up when I get a chance to do them). In the meantime, I wanted to share a craft idea that anyone can do. People of all ages will enjoy the finished product. I present to you – 6 sided puzzles: a DIY craft!
What you’ll need:
16 Wooden Cubes (1.5″ each)
6 images of your choice (you can even use photos)
1. Choose one of the images you selected, and lay it on the counter.
2. Using your ruler and pencil, measure an area of the image that’s 6 inches across and 6 inches down. Essentially, you’re going to cut out a 6 inch square. So, make sure you carefully select which part of the image that you want to appear on the cubes.
3. With your 6 inch image in front of you (face DOWN), measure 1.5 inches from the top and gently mark it. Now, from THAT mark, measure another 1.5 inches down (and mark that spot too). You’ll do this 3 times – which creates 4 rows.
4. Now, flip your square image and repeat step 3. When completed, you’ll have 16 pencil drawn squares on the back of your image. This is your template.
5. Cut out all 16 squares but be sure NOT to mix them up.
6. Using your paintbrush, put some mod podge on one of your cubes and place one of your 16 images on that cube.
7. Repeat step 7 until all 16 are done.
8. Once you’ve done all 16, you’ll Mod Podge the outside (yes, on top of the image) and allow it to dry.
9. Repeat all of the above steps for each side, using a new image for each side.
It sounds like a lot of work but it’s really not. It goes very fast. It takes me about an hour to complete the entire puzzle. It’s fun to do and can be quite challenging. This puzzle is only 16 pieces, but you can make them as big as you want. The more pieces, the harder it is! Have fun with it!
Here are a couple that i’ve done: